With all of the really important things going on in the world, people are actually freaking out over whether Beyonce’ lip-synched “The Star-Spangled Banner” last Monday at the 2nd Inauguration of President Barack Obama. Seriously? Who cares?
1) It is one of the hardest songs in the world to sing well–the tune is an old English (Scottish?) drinking song!
2) It was C-O-L-D outside…
3) What if she messed it up or forgot the words–it happens!
Besides, there is only ONE best rendition of the National Anthem in my humble opinion–Whitney Houston singing at the 1991 Superbowl in (warm) Tampa. No other recorded version comes close–although the Marvin Gaye version is a close second.
I don’t know about you, but I still love Bey.
However, do you want to see how to sing the National Anthem and bring people to their feet and give everyone goosebumps? Enjoy!
Whitney, we miss you so much–we wish it had been YOU (lip-synching or not) singing on Inauguration Day 2013.
Latest posts by BlackLiberalBoomer (see all)
- The Nicholas Brothers: Tap Dancers Extraordinaire - February 10, 2016
- The Forgotten “Insufficient Funds” Statements of the MLK “Dream Speech” - January 18, 2016
- Natalie Cole: Lost But Not Forgotten - January 1, 2016